|Calling for a 21-day fast for 2024 – From January 10th to 31st – The Isaiah 60:1 “Arise and Shine” Fast for 2024. I am calling on everyone who is willing and able to embark on a 21-day fast for spiritual closeness with God. It is a Daniel fast which means abstinence from meats, wine, and sugar as we limit ourselves to vegetables, fruits, and water. If you have medical issues, please consult your medical doctor before abstaining from any food.
This fast I believe will impact our spirit, soul, and body. Spiritually, we would be praying about three times daily; from 6:00 am to 7:00 am; from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm, and from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm. There would be prayer marathons from 5:30 pm to Midnight on Friday nights. Our prayers would be via Zoom on the same line as we use for school on Thursdays. I encourage you to join us as you are able. Fasting without prayer is starvation. At the level of the soul, we encourage you to read the Bible daily and renew your mind. Even your body will benefit in this fast as Daniel and his three friends looked better than their colleagues.
This is primarily a fast to seek the Lord and ask for His presence to go with us in 2024 and that He would give us rest. We are sharpening ourselves spiritually so that we can be able to hear the voice of God and boldly come to the throne of Grace to obtain mercy and find grace to help in times of need in 2024. And we are going to feel good, look good, and think good while fasting and praying. Fast as you are able but focus more on prayer and reading the Bible daily according to Joshua 1:8.
If you do not have a daily Bible reading plan, I encourage you to find one on the Bible App.
This is an Isaiah 60:1 “Arise and Shine” fast. It is time to arise and shine for your light has come, for the glory of God is risen upon you. Anything that blocks your light has to be removed.
– That the presence of God will go with you this New Year 2024.
– That God will give you rest in everything that you do.
– That you will be more sensitive to the voice of God to listen and obey.
– That anything that keeps you from fulfilling your destiny in Christ will be removed.
– That you will arise and shine, for the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.
– That goodness and mercy will follow you and overtake you this year.
– That God will turn around for good what the enemy meant for evil.
– That our children will be taught of the Lord and great shall be their peace.
– That no weapon that is fashioned against us shall prosper.
– That testimonies will abound in our lives this New Year.
– That we would be transformed into the image of Christ from glory to glory.
– That whatever we lay our hands to do in God’s will shall prosper.
– That there would be more revelation as we seek God.
– That God would give us more wisdom and love for people.
– That more anointing will be upon us as we pray for others.
– That miracles will become common in our lives.
– That we would be led by the Holy Spirit in everything we say and do in 2024.
– That destiny helpers would be released into your life to help you.
– That there would be divine intervention in your life when you seem overwhelmed.
– That God will make a way where there seems to be no way in your life.
– That you and your family will enjoy God’s provision, protection, and blessings.
– Please pray for other personal and general topics as you are led by the Holy Spirit.
More on the 21-Day Fasting and Prayer.21-Day Arise and Shine Daniel Fast: January 10th to January 31st, 2024.
Vision for the fast:
The CBTC Family worldwide is being called to a 21-day “Arise and Shine” fasting and prayer for 2024.
We desire more than anything else for God’s presence to go with us this New Year 2024 and that God would give us rest according to Exodus 33:14.
And He said, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” (EX.33:14).
We are praying that God will help us in our vision according to Hebrews 13:5-6.
Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?” (Heb.13:5-6).
We are praying that everything that is blocking our light will be removed according to Isaiah 60:1.
Arise, shine; for your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; But the Lord will arise over you, And His glory will be seen upon you. (Is.60:1-2).
How We Will Fast: A Daniel Fast.
We will be fasting for 21 days according to the Daniel Fasting Model which is abstaining from meats, wine, and sugars and limiting ourselves to vegetables, fruits, and water. If you have health issues, please contact your doctor before participating in this fast. This is a fast, so we would be abstaining from certain foods, reducing our daily food intake, limiting our diet, and focusing on prayer and study of the Word of God.
For those who are able, you can carry on a 6 p.m. to 6 p.m. fast and break the fast after 6 p.m. each day with vegetables and fruits. During the day, you can choose to drink lots of water OR eat some fruits, and/or nuts OR take a smoothie with fruits and vegetables.
The Daniel fast is for working professionals, so you can take some vegetables, fruits, and nuts while you are working to maintain energy and productivity. I encourage you to fast according to your ability. Pray that the Holy Spirit will lead you on how to fast personally.
We will be praying 3 times a day for those who are able:
6:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. via Zoom daily.
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. via Zoom daily except on Sundays.
5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. via Zoom daily.
5:30 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. prayer marathon on Friday evenings via Zoom.
The fast ends on January 31st and on February 1st, we are having an in-person Encounter Night in Calgary to pray for Divine Encounters with God at the Bible Training Center location.
Bible Devotional for the first 7 days:
Day 1: Rest in God’s Presence.
Read Exodus 33:1-18 and Hebrews 13:1-6.
Pray that God’s Presence will go with you in all that you do in 2024 and that He will give you rest on every side.
Day 2: Arise and Shine
Read Isaiah 60 and Mathew 5:13-16.
Pray that anything that blocks your light from shining will be removed and that the glory of God will shine afresh on you.
Day 3: Divine Protection.
Read Psalms 91 and Psalms 23 and pray for protection for you and your family for 2024.
Day 4: For Divine Revelation.
Read Eph.1:15-23 and Eph.3:14-21 and pray the apostolic prayers for deeper revelation from God.
Day 5: Full of the Holy Spirit
Read Eph.5:15-21; Rom.8:12-17 and Gal.5:16-25.
Pray that you will be filled afresh with the Holy Spirit.
Day 6: Ask for wisdom.
Read James 1:5- -8; 1 Cor. 2:7-14, and James 3:13-18
Pray that God will give you wisdom in everything you do in 2024.
Day 7: Pray for Excellence in life and Ministry.
Read Daniel 6:1-5; Eph.5:15-21 and 1 Cor.10:31-33.
The reading plan for the next 7 days will be sent later on.